Looking for change? It’s already happening.
The whole legal industry is changing. The old establishment is gone, and there’s a new establishment in town. It’s an exciting and dynamic future, which we at DLA Piper are leading.
It’s a new business world, with new client needs. Clients want strategic business advisers that cross borders and geographies. They want global insights with local savvy. And so do we.
DLA Piper is a firm built for this rapidly globalising world, and we’re looking for people to join us on this mission. We’re looking for people who see the world differently, who listen and solve problems. Being well read is good, but being able to read the room is great.
Why do you want to work with DLA Piper?
- Work with ambitious, skilled and down-to-earth people within a leading global law firm
- Access a network of skilled specialists and resources across the globe
- A diverse workload - strategic involvement in HR initiatives as well as responsibility for hands-on delivery of projects and on the ground HR support
- A supportive and collaborative environment and a diverse and inclusive culture
DLA Piper New Zealand is the first global business law firm operating in New Zealand, with offices in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. We provide a seamless service, advising international clients doing business in New Zealand and New Zealand organisations doing business elsewhere.
Joining DLA Piper New Zealand means you become part of a team that is recognised for its unmatched client service and down-to-earth, pragmatic manner.
An opportunity for a Senior HR professional has become available within our Human Resources team based in our Auckland office. Working as part of a collaborative and inclusive HR team, this role leads and manages the people agenda for the corporate functions of the business. You will report to the Head of HR and work closely with the other members off the HR team (4 in total) to drive the annual HR processes and strategic HR projects forward.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional who is a self-starter and lateral thinker. You will be known for building strong business relationships and be adept at partnering with internal stakeholders to develop and deliver against the business-aligned people plan as well as lead and provide support on a variety of strategic HR projects. We are a firm of under 150 people, and an ability to build strong relationships is key.
In this role, you will be:
- A true business partner where you will provide human resource expertise, advice and coaching to all our people
- You will have the opportunity to work across the full spectrum of HR activities
- You will also be involved in designing and implementing our exciting people focused strategic projects, in both our Auckland and Wellington offices
- This role has management responsibility for one of our corporate functions outside of the HR Team
If you're looking to broaden your skillset and enjoy a varied workload while having flexibility, then this role may be a good match for you.
You will have:
- At least 6 years' experience in generalist human resources
- A positive down to earth attitude and be a supportive team player
- You will be solutions focused, have a strong work ethic and be able to manage several deliverables independently on a day-to-day basis
- The ability to, and enjoy, fostering authentic stakeholder relationships to ensure successful people engagement across all levels
- Flexibility, where you are able to work across all practice and support groups to meet the business needs at hand
- A strong commitment to upholding and supporting our values
- Experience as a people manager with enthusiasm for driving a high-performance culture
- Experience in and a passion for implementing HR system changes
- Ideally, experience working with people within a professional services/partnership environment
- An interest in and understanding of the legal industry, although this is not a prerequisite
We offer an environment where personal leadership is strong; and encouragement is the norm. Our supportive HR team is solutions focused and driven to provide an outstanding service to the firm and partnership. In return, you will have the opportunity to work alongside great people and be involved in some exciting local and global projects.
Keen to find out more?
You can learn more about DLA Piper here: https://www.dlapiper.com/en/us/aboutus/
If you think your repertoire of skills, abilities and energy matches this exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!